Sorry, this page needs a Frame enabled browser.
Installing the Netscape or Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser
You can add the Netscape
Navigator or the Microsoft Internet Explorer
browser to your AOL software and use them for your browser while on line with AOL... Once
you do this, you will see animation, frames, Java, music, etc.
Once you have downloaded one of these browsers, and run its
installation process, you have to tell your AOL software that you want to use it.
- Log on to AOL and download one of the above two applications. It may
take a while (20-30 minutes with a speedy 28.8 modem, an hour or more with a 14.4K modem,)
as these files are pretty large.
- Once you've downloaded the browser and installed it using the
directions that come with it, select the "Members option" from
the top menubar
- Select "Preferences"
- From the preference menu choose "WWW"
- Select "Helper Applications" (top right
- Move down to "HTML Text Files (*.htm)"
- Double click on "HTML Text Files (*.htm)"
- On the next screen, select the button at the bottom right "Use
a Separate Application"
- Click on the "Browse" button and find the
Netscape or Internet Explorer browser application you installed previously.
- Go back to "WWW Preferences" and press
the "Dump Cache" button.
You're done. Next time you surf the web with AOL you'll be using a
fully capable browser.